Sunday, July 17, 2016

Education vs. Business (7/17)

I am on a two-week vacation, driving cross-country with my wife to spend time with family in Seattle. In my absence, I have dug into the archives and pulled up some reruns for you. Though what I most suggest is that you check out the blogroll on the right side of the page. There are some outstanding bloggers, and if there are some folks you've never sampled, there's no day like today.


Dividing up the pie is problematic.

Free Market Is Bad for Students with Disabilities

And that's not just me saying it-- there's research to back it up.

The Market Hates Losers

But then, the market has only one measure for winning, and that is the production of money. The heart of a business plan is not "Can I build a really excellent mousetrap?" The heart of a business plan is "Can I sell this mousetrap and make money doing it?"

There is nothing about that question that is compatible with pursuing excellence in public education.


What cable tv tells us about market forces and excellence


No comments:

Post a Comment